Sunday, June 1, 2014

transitions: silly hair.

I'm in the midst of lots of transitions in my little heart, body & spirit! Some important, others not very relevant at all... Which brings us to my hair. 

My hair...hmmm... It's in the middle of a "change". You see, I think I'm growing it out. I say "you see" because I've said I'm going to do this before. Where I just let it totally go & see what happens naturally. Eventually, I'll get super tired of my darker roots (I am a natural blonde -- really! BUT, it only naturally BLEACHES in the summer). I'm thinking summer will be the perfect time to grow it out because it will be more subtle... It will still be bright blonde because the sun does that to me. But, it will fade in fall/winter. Yeah, we'll see if I last. 

It's just, I have been seeing so many heads of BEAUTIFUL, natural color of hair (& old ones of me w/out my hair bleached). Don't get me wrong -- I like the bright blonde, but... natural IS beautiful. Gosh, is this because I'm getting old? Oh yeow, I don't know. 

My mama would never let me get my hair done in High School because it bleached out so much in High School... she didn't see the point. I may not of liked it at the time, but it makes sense! I never even touched my hair (as far as color goes) until I was maybe 19 or 20... I wanted to get some subtle highlights...and that's what I did. Just a few here & there! It was still very natural! Then, I got some black streaks -- WATCH OUT! 

My friends have always done my hair, so I've never paid much. And I never want to. So, I got a wild hair one time & went & bought a box of color. I LOVED it! And seriously, have gotten so many compliments on the color -- even from hairdressers! When I tell them it's from a box they can't believe it! HA! Take that $150 salon hair color! :)

After getting it done for a few years & then bleaching it, I always thought I looked terrible if I didn't keep up with it. I'm sure this is the case for many gals. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but really...come on...we need to be comfortable with how God made us. We are made beautiful IN HIS IMAGE! And you know what, HE thinks you're beautiful! I've been reading this book, Simple Obsession by Jamie West Zumwalt, and I just passed a part where it's speaking to how beautiful we are in Jesus sight. That we, the church, are like His bride. What do husbands think of their brides -- that they are BEAUTIFUL in every way (I could keep going, but I suppose this is a topic for another post). The point I'm making is that you are a beauty...with OR without your hair done...with OR without your make up done...with OR without a super dark tan...with OR without the list goes on & on... 

So, here's to seeing if I can last & go natural. Atleast for a little while until I feel like a little bright color on that noggin of mine! :) 

Xs & Os & bleach hair with dark roots!
j

INSPIRATION TO KEEP GROWING (my natural OR minimally highlighted hair):



forgive my ducky face -- like 7 years ago! :)


i think i'd maybe highlighted it once, so all of the long hair is still virgin hair...i like that!



FOR COMPARISON (bleach vs non-bleach)
(side note: miss that puppufriend, SHANIA! :) )


TELL ME, what do YOU like?

xoxo, 
j

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me a little sunshine! :) i love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...